Tuesday 5 July 2011

Breakfast: Mackerel and egg - zero carb breakfast

Had my dad over and he is now eating gluten free, so thought we would have some fish for breakfast.

I love mackerel, it's a great fish, really cheap (about 80p a portion) great for you and almost instant to prepare and cook.

You can eat it cold, but I love it heated through in a frying pan (no oil needed), once you've heated it on high on one side for about 2 or 3 minutes, turn the fish over and move to the other side of the pan, then use the oil from the fish to fry and egg. The salty tasting oil heats to a really high temperature and cooks eggs amazingly!

For my dad I added a couple of slices of gluten free toast, but for me both the fish and the egg are more than enough for a filling low carb high protein, high GOOD fat breakfast. Cup of black coffee and you are ready for anything and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment