Saturday 9 July 2011

Breakfast: Mackerel and high protein iced coffee to go!

Bit of a catch up post here.

Wednesday morning I was heading out of town for a 3 day conference. I knew it was going to be a mission  to stay low carb at the conference unless I was well prepared.

Sadly, I had a lot of other things going on, and wasn't able to be prepared, so I made sure I left on a high.

I was up at 5.30 (which is very early for me, I normally see 5.30 from the other side!) and had to be quick so I a lovely bit of smoked mackerel, cold from the fridge. I normally heat it through in a frying pan, but is was lovely cold, and my cat liked it far more than when it's hot!

Smoked mackerel has nearly ZERO carbs (0.3g per 100g) and is 20% protein.

---

For the journey I took a skinny soya iced coffee - low carb snack: iced soya milk coffee - but added 30g of Optimum Health Whey Protein powder (vanilla flavour). 30g adds just 3.5g of carbs with a huge 22g of protein. So along with the protein in the light soya milk and the mackerel, it was a great start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment