Wednesday 17 August 2011

Breakfast: Fried Eggs and SlowCarb Baked Beans

I love having a (healthy!) fry up most mornings, switching between bacon, eggs, smoked mackerel, sardines etc. But i always want to add some great British baked beans! It's just too much part of what a fry up is to me.

Sadly most store bought beans are pretty high carb with added sugar.

Here's how I make a great slowcarb replacement, really quickly.

In a large friying pan heat through you bacon/eggs etc. Then turn off the heat. Add half a can (drained) of your favourite pulses. I go for harricot beans, as they are really tasty and less than 1g of carbs a serving. Then simply add half a tsp of tomato paste and some pepper. A small splash of hot water will help break up the paste, and transfer the heat of pan to the beans.

Instant healthy beans, and a nice addition of fibre and added protein to your breakfast.

Got any of your own top tips? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment